Text Resize

A- A A+

Style Switcher

History of Arts & Science College

Year Description
1860 Gujarat Provincial College Established
1879 Affiliation with Bombay University
1897 Sumptuous donation from "SIR CHINUBHAI MADHAVLAL RANCHODLAL BARONET", an unparalleled act;College shifted to Main Building
1917 Inauguiration of GEORGE V HALL
1939 Golden Jubilee Celebration in August in the noble presence of DR.S. RADHAKRISHNAN as Chief Guest
1942 Shaheed Veer Vinod Kinariwala bracedmartyrdom
1947 JAY PRAKASH NARAYAN Inaugurated VEER VINOD KINARIWALA Memorial
1952 Ist Convocation Ceremony of GUJARAT UNIVERSITY in GEORGE V HALL
1960 Swearig-in ceremony of the Ist Cabinet of Ministery of Indepedent Gujarat State in GEORGE V HALL
1970 King George V Hall rechristened as "GANDHI HALL" with a grace by The Statue of Mahatma Gandhi
1970-71 Department of Dramatics and Department of Microbiology Established
1973 All India University Athletics hosted by the college - Principal DR. Y. G. NAYAK appointed as acting VICE-CHANCELLOR of the Gujarat University
1983 CENTENARY CELEBRATIONS in the auspicious presence of Hon. President of India Shree Gyani Zail Singh
2009 Dept. of Computer science Established
Page last updated: 22-09-2017