Physics Department [New Science Building]
Physics Department as an integral part of the Science faculty, was established in the year 1912 temporarily at the Madhavlal Ranchodlal Institute of Science (M. R. Institute of Science) and was affiliated with Bombay University. The Department has phenomenally glorious track record and can boast of some outstanding students and brillient faculties attached to it. To name a few, Dr. Vikram Sarabhai, Dr. Y. G. Naik, Prof. E. M. Bulsara, Dr. J. N. Desai, Prof. V. B. Bhatt, Prof. H. N. Patil and Dr. Dipak Vaidya are the shining examples. Physics Department has the privilege of research facilities, independent library and laboratories which are instrumental for persuing study not only at the Graduate level but also extending to Postgraduate as well as Doctoral studies.
Physics Department also offers its students a degree course in Electronics at Graduate level from Sem I onwards.
At present there are 9 teaching staff members many of whom are also involved in active research.
The Department has hosted various seminars and symposia, like
- "National Workshop on Light Scattering: Its Applications in Astrophysics and other Fields" on 7,8-NOV-2008.
- Worksshop on Higgs Boson Particles as on 5th march,2012.
- A workshop on 30 November 2013 in which Prof Raghu and prof Partha konar, both from physical research laboratory, Ahmedabad had delivered expert talk on the issue which was followed by interesting discussion session. Retired alumni professors Dr. J. N. Desai and Dr. Deepak vaidya were present at the occasion. Prof A. R. Prasanna, retired professor from PRL delivered the keynote address at the occasion.
- National workshop has been organized on Astronomy Research and career opportunities in Astronomy on 03-Jan-2015.
- The Department has started M. Sc. Physics programme from the academic year 2015-16. Intake is 30 students.
- Celebration of Anti-Tobaco day (16th February) was organized by Physics department.
- A tribute to our formar president Dr. A. P. J. Abdul Kalam was organized on 27-July-2015.
- Dr. Vikram Sarabhai Birthday celebration was arranged by Physics, Electronics and Computer Science students on 12th of Aug. 2015.
- B.Sc. Physics (English Medium & Gujarati Medium)
- B.Sc. Electronics (English Medium)
- B.Sc. Computer Science (English Medium)
- M.Sc. Physics
- M.Sc. Electronics
- M.Sc. Computer Science
Prizes Offered At University Level For Oustanding Achievements in Physics & Electronics
- Dr. Vikram Sarabhai Gold Medal
- Prof. E. M. Bulsara Gold Medal
- Dr. J. H. Yagnik
M.Sc. Physics, Ph.D., LLB
H. O. D
Dr. Ravindra M. Jadav
- Mr. Himanshu Padia
MSc, M.Phil (Physics)
Smt. Daksha K. Mehta
On deputation as Assistant Proffessor in K. Ka. Shastri College.
- LT. (DR.) SAMIR G. PANDYA
(PG Coordinator - Electronics)
(Company Commander - NCC)
M.Sc. Electronics, N.E.T. (U.G.C.) Electronics, Ph.D. Physics,
D.I.M., P.G.D.M.M., P.G.D.I.M., M.B.A. Marketing
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Shri M. G. Vachhani
- Shri R. D. Makwana
Shri M. K. Laliwala
- M.Phil , Ph.D.
B.sc Computer Science Department
Dr. R. D. Modh has received UGC awards for Teacher fellowship Under FIP Schemes Of UGC